Friday, November 18, 2011

Giving Homemade Christmas Gifts

I was just emailing with my sister-in-laws trying to figure out Christmas arrangements. Most of us are planning on making out gifts to one another's children. It seems as money becomes tight, material things don't matter as much anymore. Our family is using our resources for making a "feast" to spend time with family rather than on store bought gifts. Being "poor" really helps gain perspective and clear the path to the true meaning and celebration of Christmas. Homemade gifts are way more special anyway. You can see the love it took someone to make for years to come.

Two of my favorite websites for information on homemade crafts is www.tipnut.com and www.sew4home.com. Also www.Pinterest.com has TONS of ideas that people are posting. You can follow me there at http://pinterest.com/margolane/.

If you like to sew with a machine or hand stitch, here are some ideas and links.
*Hot/Cold Packs. Really easy to make by hand too!
*Sewing pajamas - some patterns aren't as hard as you would think.
*Tote bags

Now you don't have be sewing savvy to be make gifts. Here are some other ideas.
*Making soap
*scented reed defusers 
*Homemade sea salt scrubs
*Gifts in a jar


Here are some ideas to make for kids.

Here are some more blogs that have put together gift ideas




I'll be having pictures and tutorials on my gifts I making people. Currently I am working on an Advent Calendar and homemade Christmas cards which are SO easy and much cheaper than buying.




2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I'll have to check into those some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up these great ideas to A Christ-Centered Christmas!

    ReplyDelete